FBLA Week

Photo courtesy of Carly Infantolino.

All around the country this week is Future Business Leaders of America Week! Future Business Leaders of America is a club that inspires and prepares students to become community-minded business leaders in a global society through relevant career preparation and leadership experiences. This week from  February 11-17, was proclaimed as Future Business Leaders of America week by the mayor of Jersey City, Steven Fulop.

This week, high schools all around the United States raise money for multiple different causes and charities. James Caldwell High School’s Future Business Leaders of America group is participating this week by coming up with fun activities for students in our community to do, including the ‘Chief Challenge’ (which is a fun way organized by the club members to bring our school community together). 

During this week, each day is something new for our Future Business Leaders of America groups to do. Service Sunday focuses on community service projects. Mentor Monday is the day when members celebrate the importance of their mentors, honoring them for how they enrich the Future Business Leaders of America experience. Tuesday Talks is when current Future Business Leaders of America members connect with current National Officers, past officers, and other Future Business Leaders of America members through fun and unique programming, including a Battle of the Regions game night and Collegiate Conversations. Why Wednesday is a day that encourages Future Business Leaders of America members to explain why they are Future Business Leaders of America members and the meanings and purposes they bring to the club. Thankful Thursday is when current Future Business Leaders of America members thank local chapter advisors and state leaders. To properly show appreciation, members post photos and videos to social media. Future Friday is when the Future Business Leaders of America members are encouraged to dress in professional attire, connect with industry professionals, research possible careers, and complete informational interviews. 

Lastly, Success Saturday is simply a fun way to end Future Business Leaders of America week. Members celebrate by tagging @fbla_national on Instagram and using the hashtag #FBLAWeek. 

We interviewed Lance Jenkins who is a senior and member of the Future Business Leaders of America Club. “One big thing we are doing is the ‘Make a Change Initiative’ where all the proceeds will be going to cancer research.” When questioned why Lance Jenkins decided to join the club, he answered: “the people around me influenced me to join; however, I ended up loving it. I feel like it has prepared me for the outside world and has given me so many opportunities.” 

Senior Ryan Ostrowski, also in the Future Business Leaders of America club at James Caldwell High School said a few words: “This week was really a lot of fun and meant a lot to me and other members of the club. It has helped us prepare for the future and get an insight into the real world.” He also expressed what some of the members did during this week including senior Ava Schott, who did a LinkedIn Presentation at the school and senior Abby Fliegler did a teachers’ breakfast on Thursday. Ryan Ostrowski and Lance Jenkins said how this week brought the group closer together and a sense of community. They said how they feel a lot more connected to our school and the students and the teachers because they did a lot of activities with the teachers. If you would like to find out more information about Future Business Leaders of America week, click here.