“God of War” Is The God Of Video Games 

God of War Is The God Of Video Games 

God of War has been among the most popular video games since 2005. The First God of War game sold approximately 4.6 million copies by the end of the year. The publicity of the first-ever God of War game led it to expand its market. With all that publicity, God of War made its new game God of War Ragnarok. The latest round was released on November 9th, 2022. 

Photo courtesy of thetealmango.com

God of War Highlight

The main character of God of War is a demigod named Kratos, known as “The Ghost Of Sparta,” and he has a different story in each game. Kratos had a family he accidentally killed because of his mentor Ares. In God of War 4, Kratos and his son Atreus embark on a long journey to carry the ashes of Kratos’s second wife and Atreus’s mother, Faye. The journey’s goal is to reach the top of the highest mountain to spread them across the nine realms. Still, their journey is not easy; they are being hunted by a god named Baldur, son of Odin and Freya, who thinks Kratos has something he wants. They gain a new companion named Mimir and Freya. At the end of the fourth God of War, Kratos is forced to kill Baldur, and Freya swears she will get her revenge for Kratos killing her son.

Photo courtesy of indianexpress.com

In the new God of War: Ragnarok (the fifth installment of the game), as Atreus got older, he began to have questions about his mother and the War Of Ragnarok. The story is about Kratos and Atreus’s relationship and needs their trust to survive and end the war with Asgard and stop Odin. The report also has Freya in it, who still tries to kill Kratos for killing her son throughout the game. Atreus tries to reason with her and persuade her to forgive him and Kratos and fight alongside them. Freya is still determined to get her revenge. However, throughout the game, she slowly stops plotting her revenge. She begins to forgive and fight alongside Kratos and Atreus against Odin.

Pros And Cons Of the God of Wars Series

God of War became famous because of the setting and genre, the games’ deep mythology, and the quality of the graphics. One drawback of the God of War games is that the content isn’t suited for younger players. Another pro of God of War is that the main character Kratos is a famous character that makes several cameos in video games like Fortnite and Astros Playroom. Another pro is that each God of War game has different stories and events throughout another time period, making the games more interesting.

What People Liked About God of War

People commented that their favorite part of God of War was Kratos himself because of his looks and his ax, the Levithan Axe. People also loved the game’s plot, where they have characters that play roles of real Greek/Norse gods like Thor, Odin, and Baldur. Another remarkable feature in God of War is that people like that the story changes in every God of War game. Many people commented that they thought the endings in God of War 4 and Ragnarok were very touching, because it shows a side of Kratos that is rarely seen.

Photo courtesy of digitalspy.com