Fall Treats You Need To Bake This Season

As it is starting to get cooler outside and the leaves are starting to turn colors, everyone can see that fall has arrived. It is so much fun to celebrate fall by doing festive activities and taking the time to really enjoy this season. Fall only lasts a few months, so why not try to make the most of this season? One festive activity you can do this season that will make you feel excited about fall, is baking fall treats. There are so many delicious fall treats out there that will satisfy your taste buds and make you feel festive at the same time. Here are some delicious recipes that you will not regret baking this season: 

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

“delish.com”

Doesn’t everyone love chocolate chip cookies? With this recipe, you can enjoy some delicious chocolate chip cookies, but with a fall twist.

Directions: In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice, and salt. Next, in a large bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in pumpkin, egg, and vanilla extract until combined, then add the flour mixture. Beat on low until no raw flour appears, then fold in chocolate chips, and refrigerate the dough for thirty minutes. Lastly, scoop the cookie dough balls onto a baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 12 minutes. 

Pumpkin Bread

“delish.com”

Pumpkin bread is one of those classic fall treats that always tastes amazing and is perfect if you’re a pumpkin lover. Even though pumpkin bread from the box can taste good, it is fun to go the extra mile and make pumpkin bread from scratch during the fall season. 

Directions: In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Next, in a separate bowl, use a hand mixer to beat melted butter, sugar, pumpkin puree, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla. Then, gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until just combined. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and then sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Lastly, bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, which should take from about 50 minutes to 1 hour. 

“simplejoy.com”

Pumpkin Sugar Cookies

These pumpkin sugar cookies are deliciously soft and full of pumpkin flavor. 

Directions: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Next, in a separate bowl, mix together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy with your mixer on medium. Mix in the egg yolk, vanilla, and pumpkin until combined. Then, slowly mix in the flour mixture until well combined. Next, refrigerate the cookie dough for 20 minutes and roll the dough into one inch balls. Roll the dough balls in sugar and bake the cookies for 15 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through baking. 

Pumpkin Patch Brownies

Almost everyone loves brownies, so why not add a fall twist to this dessert? This will definitely be the sweetest pumpkin patch you have yet seen. 

“bettycrocker.com”

Directions: You can use any brownie batter mix (or make brownies from scratch) and bake for the amount of time instructed on the brownie batter mix box. Next, cool the brownies on a cooling rack. Remove the brownie from the pan, and then in a small bowl, stir frosting and green food coloring until blended. Remove 1 tablespoon of the frosting, and spoon this into a resealable food-storage plastic bag. Then, cut off a tiny corner of the bag. Spread the remaining green frosting on top of the brownies, and sprinkle crushed oreos (or any chocolate cookie) in 4 rows on top of the frosting to imitate soil. You can sprinkle decorative sprinkles on top of the green frosting. Place the candy pumpkins in 4 by 4 rows and pipe small green lines over the pumpkin candies as vines connecting the pumpkins. 

Sources:

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a55742/pumpkin-spice-chocolate-chip-cookies-recipe/

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a21581148/best-pumpkin-bread-recipe/

https://www.simplejoy.com/pumpkin-sugar-cookies/

https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/pumpkin-patch-brownies/af5b79df-e524-4891-972c-e962408fcfc2