Four Years, Many Memories

In September 2015, I nervously walked through the athletic lobby for my first day of high school. Off the bat, I was terrified. I felt like an outcast, despite every one of the 200 plus students being in the same boat. The first move I made in my high school career was joining the school’s newspaper club, The Caldron. I knew in the summer of 2015 I wanted to pursue a career in writing, so the school’s paper was the perfect outlet to improve my writing and to get my writing out there. This decision changed my life forever.

I started off as a sports writer, as I was merely a freshman, but this did not deter my motivation to progress as a member of The Caldron. The enjoyment and pride I had for writing has only increased over the years, as I progressed to the sports editor in junior year then the Co-Editor-in-Chief in my senior year.

The Caldron improved my writing through every article, with the help of rather great teachers and mentors, (may or may not be my opinion) Ms. Podvesker and Ms. Baut. The advice I received from them is advice I will never forget and will take with me through

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 6.21.28 PM.png
“caldron.com”

college at Syracuse University and beyond. Not only have I received help from Ms. Podvesker and Ms. Baut, but I got help from previous editor-in-chiefs, which I am also grateful for.

The journey as a member of The Caldron will always be a vivid memory and great experience for me in my high school tenure, and I encourage anyone who is interested in writing, whether it is a big or small interest, to join The Caldron, because you will leave the club with more knowledge on writing than you came in with.

Once again, thank you to everyone who has helped me throughout high school; teachers, classmates, and family. I’m in this position because of you (I did my part too) and I will never forget that.