Athlete Profile: Emily Banaszynski

Q: What are your expectations for this year’s basketball season?

A: I think that we have the potential to be very successful this season. The seniors on this year’s team have been playing together forever and there’s really good chemistry, so if we continue to work hard, I think it will really pay off for us.

Q: What has led to your athletic success throughout your high school career?

A: All the success that has come to me in athletics deserves to be credited to the teams that I’ve played on. Without my teammates I wouldn’t be anything and I owe them so much. I’ve also had some really great coaches. Every year I end up playing 3 different sports with 3 different teams, and every single team I’ve played on has made my high school experience unforgettable.

Q: What is your reflection on this past soccer season?

A: This past soccer season still doesn’t feel real to me. Since we were freshmen my best friends and I have said that all we wanted was to win a state sectional, and this season we finally did it. This soccer team has hands down been the best team I’ve played on and I wouldn’t change one thing about the whole season. I couldn’t have picked a better team to end my soccer career with.

Q: How have you been able to balance three sports with your school work for the past four years?

A: Even though I play 3 sports, academics have always come first. It does get to be a little tough sometimes to come home from a two and a half hour practice every day and then have homework and projects to do, but it’s worth it at the end of the day and I really can’t complain.

Q: What are your college plans? Schools? Majors? Playing sports?

A: Right now I don’t know what school I’ll be attending in the fall, and I’m really not sure what I’m going to major in. Although, I am very interested in psychology so I’ll probably do something with that. I’m not playing any sports in college so I’m really trying to take in these last couple of seasons I have left.

Q: How would you describe your experience on and off the field these past four years at JCHS?

A: People say there’s nothing like high school, and based on my experience these past four years I’d have to agree with them. I’ve met some great people through sports and in classes that have made my experience one to remember. I have to say though, that my high school experience would have been completely different without the teams that I’ve played on each year. JCHS has been amazing and I’m definitely going to miss it when I graduate.