FBLA September Member of the Month Interview

Photo courtesy of Alexandra Li

This past month, sophomores Nicolina Castellano and Carter Kaiser were named JCHS FBLA’s Members of the month. Both students have not only excelled academically, but committed commendable amounts of time and effort to FBLA and the JCHS community as a whole. I had the wonderful opportunity to sit down with Nicolina and talk about her JCHS FBLA experience.

The JCHS FBLA Chapter, led by advisers Mr. Harper and Ms. Hecht, was only founded some three years ago. However, in this short span of time, FBLA has grown to be one of JCHS’s most prominent clubs. As an established CTSO with thousands of members in New Jersey alone, FBLA offers some of the most comprehensive opportunities that any JCHS club has to offer. From competitive events (ranging from the regional to national levels) to valuable community service opportunities, being a member of FBLA offers students many outlets to explore potential careers, make new friends, and invest themselves in the community. 

Nicolina, also our 2023-2024 JCHS FBLA Secretary, only had positive words to describe time in FBLA, calling it a “great experience.” However, whereas many members’ highlight of the club are in the fun, two-day trip to Atlantic City for the New Jersey State Leadership Conference, Nicolina’s is the regular meetings. “Our regular meetings foster a certain closeness that I really appreciate,” says the September Member of the Month. “It creates a sense of community and empowerment that makes FBLA so special.” This year, Nicolina is interested in expanding her FBLA and career horizons by competing in different competitions, especially Human Resource Management.

In addition to being a dedicated FBLA member, Nicolina is also a member of the varsity girls’ tennis team, plays guitar, and has an adorable dog named Chloe. Congratulations to Nicolina and Carter for being September’s FBLA Members of the Month!