Photo courtesy of TMZ.
NBA All-Star Weekend
March 14, 2024
Photo courtesy of Kevin Winter/Getty Images via The Recording Academy.
Grammy's Recap
March 14, 2024

Ranking of Starbucks Holiday Drink

Starbucks has become one of the biggest franchises in the entire world. Not only do they offer a large variety of standard drinks, but customers are eager to try their Holiday Drinks each winter. This year’s holiday lineup was launched on November 3, consisting of six drinks: The Peppermint Mocha, Toasted White Chocolate Mocha, Caramel Brulée Latte, Chestnut Praline Latte, Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte, and the Irish Cream Cold Brew. As an avid Starbucks fan, I took it upon myself to test each drink. After just over a month of thoughtful consideration, I have come up with my personal ranking of these drinks. 

6. Toasted White Chocolate Mocha

Although I did enjoy each drink, I would place the Toasted White Chocolate Mocha in last place. This drink is for those who hate the taste of coffee. The sugary drink has a powerful white chocolate flavor. It can be served iced or hot, with whipped cream and holiday sprinkles. It is perfect for those with a sweet tooth. 

5. Peppermint Mocha

This drink is a holiday classic at Starbucks and returns each year. The peppermint flavor is distinctive, so those who enjoy candy canes will love this drink. JCHS Junior, Emily DePalma, claims this is her favorite holiday flavor: “It’s warm on a cold day. It has the perfect mix of peppermint and chocolate and reminds me of Christmas.” Despite my low ranking, I liked this drink and would order it again. The following beverages stood out more. 

4. Caramel Brulée Latte

I truly enjoyed this drink, especially the caramel toppings. I regularly order caramel coffee, so I expected to be satisfied. After trying it, I didn’t think it was different from a standard caramel latte. Those who like caramel will enjoy it, but it isn’t the most memorable drink. 

3. Chestnut Praline Latte

This was different from any coffee I had ever had. It features a nutty flavor with spiced pralines on top of it. I recommend this drink to anyone because most people would enjoy it. This drink embodies the flavors of the holiday season and perfectly complements a winter day.

2. Irish Cream Cold Brew

My ranking may be biased because I love cold brews, but I have ordered this drink multiple times and continue to enjoy it. The Irish syrup, mixed with the vanilla cold foam and cocoa powder, makes for a perfect drink. Danielle Perry, a senior at JCHS, also orders this drink each holiday season. “I was so excited when I heard this drink was coming back,” she exclaimed, “It isn’t too sweet, and I love the cocoa powder on top.”

1. Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte

Finally, the drink that was truly the best was the Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte. This drink embodies holiday flavors and, despite what I thought before trying it, is not too sweet. It comes with sugar cookie sprinkles, making it even more festive. It tastes exactly like a sugar cookie, making it incomparable to other drinks I have had in the past. Senior Olivia Truzzolino also highly recommends this drink. “It’s definitely my favorite. I have already gotten it multiple times, so I’m really going to miss it when the holiday drinks are gone.” 

Overall, I feel that this year’s holiday flavors were a success. There was something for everybody to enjoy, which helped get the community in the holiday spirit.