Best Places to go for Open Campus

Photo Courtesy of Jessica Melnikoff

Open campus is the newest privilege that the JCHS seniors currently have. Seniors get a little less than an hour to leave the school during lunchtime and a lot of the seniors have been using that privilege. But where have most of them been going? I took a poll and got a lot of responses from the class of 2022. 

It is clear that most of the seniors prefer to go home during lunch and eat at the comfort of their own home. Sam’s Bagels and Chipotle are also a very popular choice. Senior Christine Infatolino says, “I love spending all of my money at Sam’s Bagel during lunch.” 

Jude Bazerman says, “I like going home to eat so that I don’t have to spend any money and get to eat in my own kitchen.” The Seniors have been enjoying this experience and using their chance of freedom wisely.

Some students like to go home to take a nap, see their pets, or some even like to hang out with their parents. It seems that students who go home during lunch often enjoy their break. It is a great way to save money as well.

Those students who like to go out to eat enjoy the independence of getting out of school as well and being on their own or with their friends. It is a different environment than school, obviously, which makes it more enjoyable for some students.