Photo courtesy of TMZ.
NBA All-Star Weekend
March 14, 2024
Photo courtesy of Kevin Winter/Getty Images via The Recording Academy.
Grammy's Recap
March 14, 2024

2021 Gift Giving Guide

A big part of the holiday season is gift giving; gift giving is a way that you get to show your family and friends how much you love and appreciate them. Sometimes, however, it can be a challenge to pick out good gifts for the people you love. At some point in our lives, we have all been in a position where we want to get a gift for someone, but have absolutely no clue what we should get. Seeing so many different products in stores and online can become overwhelming, and being stressed out over what to get a friend or family for Christmas can easily take the joy out of festive tradition. If you are one of those people struggling to come up with ideas about what to buy friends or family members, here is a gift giving guide with affordable gift ideas. 

1.5 Minute Journal

“goop.com”

The Five Minute Journal provides daily guided gratitude exercises and is the perfect tool to train your brain to focus on the good in life. In the Five Minute Journal, there are thoughtfully designed prompts that have to do with gratitude, end-of-day self reflection, and so much more. The Five Minute Journal is broken up into two sections: a morning routine section and a night routine section. The journal’s format provides inspiration and motivation throughout the day and can help improve mental health.  One of the coolest parts of the Five Minute Journal is that it only takes five minutes to answer one of the daily prompts, which is perfect for people who have busy schedules.

2. Cozy blankets

When it is cold outside, you want to be able to feel cozy in your house; wrapping yourself in a nice blanket is a perfect way to do this. Cozy blankets are also a necessity if you are someone who feels very cold when waking up in the morning. There are so many blankets out there that come in so many different colors and are made from so many cozy materials. Having these blankets can also add a nice touch to your bed or couch. I think everyone knows at least one person in their life who loves to feel cozy and warm during the winter, which makes a cozy blanket a great gift for all sorts of people.

“amazon.com”

3. Scrapbook

“amazon.com”

One great gift you can get someone is an empty scrapbook that they can fill up with pictures. If you want to, you can even put in a few pictures you have with that person. A scrapbook does not have to be really artsy; it can be as simple as a plain photo album. It is so much fun to store your photos somewhere other than your phone, and a scrapbook will be a great home for special memories. Scrapbooking helps you mark years, seasons, big changes and milestones. Scrapbooking also helps you be thankful and reflect on all of the great memories you have. Giving someone a scrapbook for Christmas is a great gift that will give them a special place to store all of their good memories.

4.Candles

Who doesn’t love candles? Candles come in so many different scents and can make your house not only smell really good, but feel a whole lot cozier. Candles are especially nice to have in the winter, when it is cold outside and you want to feel warm. There are also a lot of candles that come in holiday-inspired scents, which are perfect if you want to get into the holiday spirit.

“cosmopolitan.com”

5. Planner

“nymag.com”

As the new year is approaching, getting someone a new planner will be the perfect gift that will help them stay organized throughout the upcoming year. Using a planner helps you keep track of all of your responsibilities, see what tasks need to be prioritized, enables you to break large projects into smaller tasks, and will lower your stress levels. There are so many cute planners out there that will make a perfect gift for anyone who wants to start the new year feeling organized and productive.