Basketball 2021-2022

“nj.com”

Last year both basketball teams had successful seasons. This season for both teams will be even better. Both teams are ready to win this year. This week the girls team had three scrimmages and the boys had two. On Tuesday both the girls JV and varsity won against Clifton. Junior Cassidy Brown and Lauren Sanderson had a great game against Clifton, both having around 20 points each. When sophomore Kayla Ishigami was asked the question about what her thoughts were for the upcoming season she stated, “I think we have a lot of chemistry on this team and that we work well together, so this season is going to be fun.” 

The boys also played Clifton and lost by one at the very end of the game, while JV won. On Thursday the girls played Tenafly which was a stressful four quarters. Tenafly has a junior who has already accomplished scoring 1,000 points, so going into this game everyone was very nervous. The score was close all game, but Caldwell ended up winning, and the girls JV won as well. After this game Cassidy Brown said, “We are going to win a lot. Everyone is excited to see this happen.”

Lastly, on Saturday the boys played Newark Tech with both JV and Varsity winning. And the girls played Bernardsville, both Varsity and JV winning. After three successful scrimmages, varsity coach Amanda Keenan said, “I am looking forward to another exciting season of Caldwell Girls Basketball. We have a great group of talented, hard working athletes who are more than ready to kick off the 21-22 season!” 

All in all, with one more scrimmage for the girls on Monday 12/13 and the boys on 12/14, they are ready to start the season and win! Come support both the boys and girls this winter and as junior Rocco Checchetto would say, “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”