Photo courtesy of TMZ.
NBA All-Star Weekend
March 14, 2024
Photo courtesy of Kevin Winter/Getty Images via The Recording Academy.
Grammy's Recap
March 14, 2024

Caldwell Basketball: 2013-2014 Preview

Caldwell’s basketball team has a bright future ahead of it. Caldwell lost some key seniors last year such as Billy Pierce, Sean Nastelon and Marco Kutri, but this loss is being compensated by the addition of Sophomore Austin Scott and Junior Nick Berlangieri. Scott is a transfer from Gil St. Bernards and Berlangieri is a transfer from Seton Hall Prep. Austin Scott started for Gil St. Bernard’s JV team and sat varsity.They will be major contributors to the team, but have to wait thirty days. After this time period has passed, the county will allow them to play. This years returning seniors include Steven Brown, Jack Kinney, Sean Clarkin, Johnny Hunter, and Edwin Ramos. Steve Brown added that, “I’m really excited to finish up my career here with my fellow seniors that I’ve been playing with since I was little, and I’m hoping we will surprise people with how hard we play.” The Caldwell Chiefs Basketball team is counting on the support of, the famous Caldwell student section, “The Tribe.” They will be counted on to support the returning varsity players, as well as the new members to the Chief’s squad.  In a brief interview with Scott he commented, “I have seen a lot of hard working players already and everyone seems dedicated to making this a winning season.” Off season training has been going on all fall through open gyms and the fall basketball league the Chiefs participated in. However, the official season will be held shortly after Thanksgiving where tryouts will be held. Considering the hard work and dedication from the chiefs basketball players and the addition of new talent this season is predicted to be very successful.