Our new nurse, Mrs. Ciccaglione!

Any student who has walked past the nurse’s office this year will have noticed the newest member to the James Caldwell High School staff: Mrs. Ciccaglione. Both a JCHS mom and a Caldwell resident of fifteen years, she is excited to be working here this year. Having previously worked in women’s health and endocrinology, she decided that she wanted to switch paths and make a change in our community through our youths. Starting with her 1995 Bachelor’s Degree in Science and Nursing from Seton Hall University, Mrs. Ciccaglione has been certified as a school nurse at NJCU as a graduate student and is currently working on her studies in health education. Making the choice to come be a part of the JCHS community was a natural one thanks to her love of the school as both a parent and an employee while also mentioning that the school’s collaboration and ability to work well have been definite factors.

Mrs. Ciccaglione was able to get a feel for her new position as nurse last year when she began to come in as a substitute. And while she is now working here as the nurse full time, it certainly does not mean she is here on her own. Having both Ms. Moran in school and many other school nurses in the district to talk to, she has felt a warm and comfortable welcome in her transition into James Caldwell High School. The transition into the school community has been especially easy for her due to her enthusiasm to meet and get to know the nearly 800 students of the school in the hopes of being a positive influence in their lives.

However, when our new nurse isn’t busy taking care of our school community, Mrs. Ciccaglione is likely to be found spending time with her family—whether it be skiing, going to the beach, or going on a simple dog walk. But when it comes down to it, she is very excited to be here at our school and she “looks forward to meeting all the students and staff of the school. Go Chiefs!”